The mark of a good value investor is a contrarian mindset and a long-term investment horizon.
Value investing is the art of buying stocks which trade at a significant discount to their intrinsic value. Value investors achieve this by looking for companies on cheap valuation metrics, typically low multiples of their profits or assets, for reasons which are not justified over the longer term. This approach requires a contrarian mindset and a long term investment horizon. Over the last 100 years a value investment strategy has a consistent history of outperforming index returns across multiple equity markets.
We are a team of seven investment professionals who work together on Equities desk in the Value Investment team at Schroders. Over the past decade we have implemented a value investment strategy, a contrarian and proven approach to investing. The value investment team is responsible for over £12bn assets (as at 30 June 2015), managed in a disciplined value style.
- Nick Kirrage, Fund Manager, Equity Value
- Kevin Murphy, Fund Manager, Equity Value
- Andrew Lyddon, Fund Manager, Equity Value
- Ian Kelly, Fund Manager, Equity Value
- Andrew Williams, Investment Specialist, Equity Value
- Andrew Evans, Fund Manager, Equity Value
- Simon Adler, Fund Manager, Equity Value
Equity value funds available in South Africa
We run six funds across three major geographies targeting income and/or capital growth through a distinct value approach.